Customers often search for photos by names of locations (cities, landmarks, and counties) when looking for photos of travel, landscapes, and local lifestyles.
Adding relevant locations to your photos is a great way make more sales by getting discovered by customers looking for those locations.
How to add a location to your photo
On the iPhone app:
Locations can only be added during the photo upload process. This feature is not currently available after uploading the photo.
- Add a new photo by clicking the middle blue add button in the bottom navigation bar.
- After selecting the photo, you will be prompted to add a caption and keywords in the next steps.
- After adding a caption and keywords, you will be prompted in the next step to "Add Location."
- Click "Add Location" and search for the most relevant location or landmark to describe your photos.
Hint: Imagine you are the customer looking for this photo, what location might you search for?
(Examples: "Eiffel Tower" "Paris, France" "France")
- Select the location from the list and click "POST" to take you to the next step in the photo upload process.
On the website:
Adding locations is currently only available from the iPhone app. In the meantime, you can add location names as keywords to any photo.